Terms and Conditions
Janaken Presentation Limited (hereafter called the `company`) endeavours to provide an efficient and courteous service to its customers and, as part of this service, sets out the following straightforward Terms and Conditions. Orders are accepted and executed by the company subject only to these Terms and Conditions. The word `customer` means the buyer and any third party on behalf of whom the goods have been purchased by the buyer. The word `goods` means the products and services supplied by the company. The word `supplier` means the manufacturer and/or supplier from where the goods are despatched.
1. Prices. All prices are stated exclusive of VAT and carriage charge, which will be added to the total order amount. In cases where additional work to that originally agreed between the customer and the company is required or in circumstances such as changes in Government regulations (eg change in VAT rules or rate) the company reserves the right to amend the price.
2. Accuracy. The customer should note that, whilst every care has been taken by the company in the preparation of the company`s online store and other published information, product descriptions, dimensions and specifications may differ to that described for reasons of errors, omissions or changes by the manufacturer or supplier. Variations can also occur due to approximations and manufacturing tolerances.
3. Delivery. Unless qualifying for free delivery, the cost of carriage of goods supplied will be added to the order amount. The amount charged is for a single consignment of goods supplied to a single location in the UK. All goods are subject to availability. Please be aware that many goods which the company sells are produced to order and production lead times will vary depending upon the product ordered and also upon the production schedule of the supplying factory. Goods that are normally stock items can also run short and can consequently be subject to delay. An estimate of delivery time will be given on request. However, because of various factors beyond its control, the company cannot accept responsibility for any late or non delivery.
4. Receipt of Goods. The carrier`s signed delivery documentation shall be taken as evidence of receipt of goods.
5. Grievance & Return of Goods. Despite the best efforts of the company`s suppliers and their carriers, goods do occasionally get damaged or lost in transit. Therefore, on receipt of goods, the delivery documentation should not be signed as goods received in good condition if damage or loss is suspected (eg packaging damaged) since, in such signed cases, the company cannot guarantee being able to arrange with its suppliers for replacements to be supplied, repairs carried out or shortfalls made up free of charge. The contents of the packaging should also be examined if possible. Comments such as `unchecked` or `unseen` are unacceptable. Notification of damaged, missing or faulty goods must be given within 24 hours of delivery (weekends and bank holidays excepted).
Except where goods have been made to the customer`s specification, goods may be returned, with the agreement of the supplier, for reason other than damage or fault but they must be in good, restockable and resaleable condition and be in the original packaging, complete with any manuals supplied. They will be subject to a return carriage charge (unless carriage is arranged and paid for by the customer) and may also be subject to a restocking charge, the amount of which varies depending upon the supplier and which will be advised of at the time. A refund or credit note for the order amount, less any return carriage charge and restocking charge, will be issued as appropriate and as soon as possible once the goods have been received in restockable and resaleable condition.
If goods are required to be returned for any reason the company must be notified by the customer within 7 days of delivery.
6. Limitation of Liability. The company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or loss of profit, revenue or other loss, occasioned by late delivery or by failure to deliver any goods, either wholly or partly, or occasioned by any goods supplied or occasioned by any fault in goods supplied. In respect of any agreed claim for a refund of money paid (such as in the return of goods), the company`s total liability for any one claim or total of claims shall not exceed the purchase price of the goods to which the claim or claims apply.
7. Payment, Title & Risk. Unless the customer has approved account status, payment is to be made at time of order and orders will not be processed until cleared funds have been received by the company. Where the customer does have approved account status, an invoice will be posted on delivery of goods and payment is to be made within 30 days of the date of this invoice. A VAT invoice will be issued to the customer for all goods supplied. In any event, title to goods supplied remains with the company until payment is satisfactorily completed. The goods shall be at the customer`s risk from the time of leaving the supplier`s premises.
8. Use of Information. Information provided by the customer in placing an order is used by the company to process the order and to maintain the customer`s account. Whilst all reasonable care is taken by the company to ensure that unauthorised use is not made of this information, the company cannot be held responsible should any unauthorised use be made of the information provided.
9. Force Majeure. The company shall not be liable for any default due to circumstances beyond its control; including, but not limited to, failure of any of its suppliers to deliver goods to the customer, war or civil unrest, strikes, action of either military or civil authorities, Acts of God and natural disasters such as flood or earthquake.
10. Guarantee or Warranty. Certain goods come with a guarantee or warranty. Such a guarantee or warranty is offered by the supplier of the goods in question and is against component failure and defects under normal useage. Any guarantee or warranty offered shall not affect the customer`s statutory rights.
11. Jurisdiction. This contract shall be governed and interpreted exclusively according to the Law of England. If any full or part clause of these Terms & Conditions is held by any competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity of the remainder of the clause and all other clauses of these Terms & Conditions shall not be effected and shall remain in full force and effect.
No other Terms & Conditions shall apply.